A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 14 of 24

This week is quickly becoming frustrating. I've finished the volume portion of my training so now it's time to get into the gear and move some heavy weights. I don't have my gear here so I have to make do with what I have. Here's what happened.

Squats - (w/u), 3 sets, 3 reps, 315lbs.
Bench Press - (w/u), rack press, 5 sets, singles, 315lbs.
Deadlifts - 3 sets, 3 reps, 365lbs.

The squats are getting easier and easier. I'm dropping into depth naturally. The bench is still solid but a twinge in my right shoulder is giving me some concerns. I think it's a result of sleeping in a cot for the last 9 nights. 365lbs for deadlifts seems like an insult at this point. A guy at the gym was joking with me about the weight. My response was, "It's lite day".

Here is where I view my raw maxes right now.
Squats - 440-455lbs (maybe a bit more).
Bench Press - 305lbs.
Deadlifts - 505-525lbs.

I'm sure the weights will come up once I'm home. Maybe training away from my "norm" will be good.

Snowdaddy

No comments: