A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 11 of 24

Now that's hard core. I'm in Inuvik and I get to a gym to do my scheduled work out. The gym in town is actually not too bad. There is a decent bench and a power rack. When I did my deadlifts I had to hunt for plates. If I was going for a max or a partial DL I would have had to start using the 35lbers. It's all good. Here's what happened.

Squats - 3 sets/4 reps/315lbs, 2 sets/4 reps/335lbs, 1 set/4 reps/365lbs.
Bench Press - 5 sets/5,4,3,2,1 reps/235lbs+10lbs/set.
Deadlifts - 6 sets/1 rep/425lbs.

I was short on time so the deadlifts had to suffer. That's ok cuz I blasted them on Monday. I'm using knee wraps in every second set for squats and my bench is feeling more solid. I'm not sure if my bench is stronger but I feel more solid on the bench. I'd like to work out again in a couple of days. I'll see whats happening.

Snowdaddy

PS: I screwed up Inuvik is in the North West Territories. (duh?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you do assistance exercises in your workouts? Or just flat bench, parallel squats and deadlifts? I haven't seen them in here lately.

Snowdaddy said...

Right now I'm in a pre competition progession program. I'm using a modified 3X3 program popularized by Stephen Korte. There is an article which out lines the program quite well. Google "3X3 cojugate or sort of". When the competition is done I'll start training seperating the three lifts and doing supportive exercises.