A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Squat Friday & Saturday

Friday was squat day and now my legs are sore. Here's why.

Bench Squats - 6 Sets/5 reps/285lbs.
Heavy Walk Outs - 495lbs, 545lbs, 565lbs.
Good Mornings - 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 335lbs/6 reps.
Donkey Calf Raises - 260lbs/6 reps, 300lbs/6 reps, 340lbs/6 reps.

The squats were good. I use a bench instead of a box for safety, I don't have a spotter. I used my knee wraps on the 3rd set. Once again just to get the feeling of them. Last week I found my feet were stretching when I was doing walk outs. This week I tightened up my shoes and my feet were much more stable. The good mornings were solid. 335lbs for 6 reps is a new max for me. I just threw the donkey's in for something fun. A very good work out.

On Saturday I went to McLifter's gym to try out my Inzer EHPHD bench shirt. I was thinking that I wrecked my Titan Fury bench shirt by washing it too much so I wanted to try another shirt to see what I would bench for a single. There's no need to worry I didn't ruin the shirt. Here's what I did.

Last week bench shirt training - 160kg/single Titan Fury NXG+

This week bench shirt training - 140kg/easy single, 160kg/miss twice Inzer EHPHD

Seems to me the Titan is working just fine.

Snowdaddy

No comments: