A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Max Effort Squat / Deadlift

Here's how it went down.

Squats warm up - 135lbs/6, 225lbs/6.
Parallel Box Squats - 2 sets 6 reps 275lbs, 2 sets 6 reps 295lbs, 2 sets 6 reps 315lbs.
Deadlifts - 6 sets, singles, 2 sets @ 425lbs, 2 sets @ 455lbs, 2 sets @ 475lbs.
Declined Sit Ups - 3 sets 16 reps

After the work out I goofed around with some leg curls and lat pull downs, nothing worth logging. The box squats felt very light. 315lbs went up easy. I didn't start to get fatigued until the 5th and 6th reps. I know I shouldn't be working deadlift single but I can't help myself, they feel sooooo good. All the deadlift sets were heavier than I normally do. Lately I've been putting up some great numbers in all my lifts. I was discussing this with a fellow gym goer and he said that I might be having a "strength spurt". Kids get "growth spurts" when they are maturing, is it possible to have "strength spurts"? Either way, I like it.

Snowdaddy

No comments: