A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Max Effort Bench Press

It's been a couple of days since my last post. There has been a cold going around work the last few days and the work load has drastically increased. I found that durring my night shift days I was sleeping in until 1100 am and later. This might have been a sign that I was over training. I decided to be safe and take a few days off to let my energy levels catch up with me. I'm glad I did. Here is todays work out.

Bench Press warm up - 135lbs/12, 225lbs/8
Rack Press - 6 sets, 6 reps, 3@245lbs 3@255lbs.
Close Grip Bench Press - 6 sets, 6 reps, 2@185lbs 2@205lbs 2@225lbs
Weighted Declined Sit Ups - 16 reps@10lbs, 12 reps@25lbs, 12 reps@25lbs.
Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets, 8 reps, 180lbs.

The rack presses, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, are performed at 1-2inches above my chest when I'm arched. All presses are performed with a pause on the chest. Another great work out. Biggest numbers again.

Snowdaddy.

PS: A shout goes out to the guys at Powerliftingvideo for letting me post my videos. Thanks Guys, Great site!

No comments: