A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Speed Bench Day

Yesterday was spped bench and was one of my better work outs to date. Here is what made it so good.

Bike - 5mins warm up
Various Ab Exercises for warm up

Speed Bench - 8 sets, 3 reps, 205lbs
Inclined Dumbbell Press - 3 sets, 6 reps, 100lbs
Dips - 3 sets, max reps, all me baby!
Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets, 8 reps, 180lbs
Standing Military Press - 4 sets, 6 reps, 135-175lbs
Various Bicep/Tricep exercises to finish

I decided to do free dips instead of machine dips and I'm glad I did. My best before now was 2 free dips. Yesterday I managed 3 reps and almost a fourth but I couldn't lock it out. From now on I will only be doing free dips. Not more stinking machines for me. I'm sure this will really help my bench.

Nutrition is a key factor in one's performance. Susan told me to have a small meal, high in protien before my work outs. I've been doing this and I find that I have lots of energy through out my work outs. I'm sure this may be elementary to most experienced lifters but it is new to me.

It's currently 0400hrs and I'm at work. I decided to run this morning because I will more than likely be sleeping later on and I'll feel guilty if I go today with out doing some kind of exercise. This morning at 0200 I did a run/walk for 25min. The first 10 min were all jogging. Now my legs feel like jello but I feel better for it.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Snow! It looks like your approach is working. Keep plugging away and enjoy the workouts you get.
You'll be a lean, mean, tanned machine when you return to da Prairies.