A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ouch!

Today was supposed to be max effort bench day but I have a pain between my shoulder blades that is causing me some grief. It's not a big problem. I just took some motrin and everything seems to feel better. I'm sure it came about from yesterday's work out, Speed squats and deadlift. Here is what happened.

Elyptical Trainer - 10min warm up


Squats - 10 sets, 2 reps, 225lbs
Platform Deadlifts - 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/2 reps, 4 sets 1 rep 405lbs
(performed on two 25lbs plates side by side)
Good Mornings - 3 sets, 6 reps, 275lbs
Declined Sit Ups - 3 sets, 12 reps
Trunk Twists - 3 sets, 30 twists, 30lbs bar

The Deadlifts felt great off the plates which raised me up about 1 1/2 inches. Squats felt good but I started to get sore shins at about the 7th set. I'm sure this is because of the running I did the other day. The Good Mornings as usual felt awsome.

Instead of lifting today I rode the bike for 15 minutes then did a walk/run on the treadmill for 20 minutes. To complete my work out I did a full compliment of stretches for my legs. They certainly need it. At one point I layed on my back on the floor and my back tightened up. I thought that I would be stuck there until help arrived. Lucky for me it subsided and I came to my own rescue.

Snowdaddy

PS: a shout goes out to my training partner who was abviously bored today and tried to crusify himself on the cable cross over machine. It was very funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»