A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Thats enough!

After taking yesterday off to let my back heal I woke up this morning and the pain was still there. "Thats enough"! I took two advil and off to the gym I went. Now its almost 6 hours after the work out and my back feels great. I guess it was time to stop being a baby. Here is how this mornings work out went.

Bike - 5 min warm up

Squats - 135lbs/6, 225lbs/6, 315lbs/2 Warm up
Box Squats - 315lbs/3, 365lbs/2, 405lbs/1, 405lbs/1
Sumo Deadlifts - 6 sets, 2 reps, 365lbs
Declined Sit ups - 3 sets, 14 reps

Last max effort squat/deadlift day I said I would take 405lbs for a ride and I did for two sets. I'm really starting to enjoy box squats. I'm finding that they split the movement into two distinct segments. Before I was having trouble remembering everything now it's much easier split into two. The sumo deadlifts were stronger than ever before. On my 5th set I got psyched up and lefted the bar for 3 reps. A surprise for me. Maybe I'll go up next work out to 385lbs.

'God created the leg press to keep the geeks out of the power rack'

Snowdaddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»