A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

AM Speed Bench

Today I did my work out in the early AM. I managed to get myself organized and made it to the gym for opening at 0600 hrs. I usually don't work out so early but I figured I'd try something new. Here is how things went.

Speed Bench - 10 sets 3 reps 205lbs 55 sec rest
Inclined Dumbbell Press - 3 sets 6 reps 80-100lbs
Dips - 3 sets 6 reps 50lbs assistance
Chin Ups - 4 sets 6 reps 130lbs assistance
Seated Military Press - 3 sets 6 reps 135-155lbs

I am still having problems with my chins. Because of this I do my reps slow and controlled. One day I may be doing my chins with "ME". Speed bench was done with 55 sec rest. At 205lbs I liked the sets with 60 sec rest. Going down to 55 sec makes a huge difference. It's much harder. Dips feel good. I think I'll go up next work out. I had to do seated military press today because the rack was occupied. Seated presses felt great. I didn't miss any reps this work out.

Snowdaddy

No comments: