A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, March 30, 2006

AM Speed Squat / Deadlift

Once again I did my work out before work. I was able to get up and to the gym for 0600 hrs. Here is what I did.

Speed Squats - 10 sets 2 reps 225lbs
Speed Deadlifts - 6 sets 1 reps 365lbs
Good Mornings - 6 sets 6 reps 225lbs

It was short and sweet. I only had time for a 45 min work out because I had to wait for the rack. It makes me laugh to see people using the rack that have no idea what they are doing. I could, and should, write a book about all the funny things I've seen in the weight room. Here are some examples.

- This morning the guy in the rack doing squats. He had 95lbs on and was only going to 45 degree leg bend. My 4 year old daughter squats deeper than that.

- A while back I whitnessed a guy doing leg extensions without bending his legs. He stood up in the machine and would throw himself back in the seat with straight legs. I am not exagerating. I had to stop my work out to watch.

- An older gent sat down at the side lateral machine and proceeded to do squats while doing the side lateral movement.

- A guy doing weighted dips loaded up his belt with about 135lbs of weight. I thought "wow this is going to be impressive". He could bearly get up to the starting position. Once he managed to get his arms straight he proceeded to do what I would call "negative shrugs". All the movement was in his shoulders his arms stayed straight the entire time.

I am no expert on technique but some of these exercises are down right dangerous. I'm sure everyone has seen their share of goof balls. If I can get some comments maybe you can share some of your funny expieriences.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Strength_Discussion/index.php?showtopic=2241

Hey Snowdaddy, check out this link to the SDF Forum. This is but one of the crazy stories the lads have experienced in the gym. There is a whole thread dedicated to observed gym nonsense and the opinions of the boyz who lift more than themselves off of the bench to answer their cell phone.

McLifter :)