A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, January 13, 2006

Another Dead Day

I love grabbing a heavy bar and DEADLIFTING. Here is how it went.

Deadlifts - Sumo warm up 225lbs, 315lbs Conventional warm up 405lbs. Working sets 495lbs 3 sets 1 rep. I wasn't scheduled for this but I'm going away on business and I don't know if I can work out while I'm away. So, I did my end of program.

Partials (knee up) - 585lbs for a single. Felt nice and controlled. 635lbs, I failed my first attempt but took a bit of a break and pulled the second. I Love It but my hands sure didn't. Ouch!

Chin ups - I mentioned before I do parallel grip chins. Once again they really hit the Lats. It's the next day and I feel like I've got two giant slabs of beef hanging off my back. I did 3 sets of 6 reps with 90lbs of assistance.

V Sit ups - I didn't do them. I'm a naughty boy. Who needs abs any way. LOL.

Hammer curls - I find they help with my grip especially if I go really heavy. 3 sets of 10 reps with 60lbs dumbbells.

This may be my last entry for a couple of days. Stay tuned and I'll continue the saga.

Snowdaddy

No comments: