A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 09, 2006

Bench Day

Another great work out has come and gone. This is how it went.

Flat Bench - warm up 135, 225. Working sets 275lbs 6 sets of 2 reps.

Close Grip Bench - 205lbs 6 reps, 225lbs 6 reps, 225lbs 5 reps.

Dips - 3 sets of 6 reps with 50lbs of help

Flat Bench Flys - 80lbs 6 reps, 70lbs 6 reps, 60lbs 8 reps.

Seated Machine Flys - Stack (250lbs) 3 sets of 8 reps.
I do these for the stretch and nice contraction it gives me. My reps are nice and slow and through the full range of motion.

I used to have problems with my wrists from the way I was holding the bar. Since then I have modified my grip and I'm noticing an increase in my bench. I've done 275lbs for 4 reps in the past but I've never done 6 sets of 2 reps. It felt nice. I got a great pump.

Today I was discussing with a fellow gym patron what supplements I'm taking. My response caused a bit of a shock. I said I only take extra protein (whey), Multi vitamin/mineral, extra vit B complex, Omegas, and extra vit C. I've been taking these for about 2 years now and I always feel great.
I've tried lots of other "legal" supplements but nothing really worked very good. At least it didn't work well enough to justify the price. The best other supplement I've had is Tribulus. It really boosted my testosterone levels. I always felt large and energetic. I couldn't keep my hands off my wife. It was almost scary. The down side is I found the results decreased the longer I took it. Now when ever I get some I find it barely works. Not noticeably any way. Cycling it didn't seem to help either.

Maybe any readers out there can share their supplement secrets.

Snowdaddy

No comments: