A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, March 09, 2023

Inclined Bench Press and Log Press

I've been feeling off my game lately. Not doing the log press charity event has thrown me a curve ball. I have never signed up for a competition and not do it. I guess it was inevitable and it was bound to happen eventually. Oh well, time to get back to work. I've got a Strongman competition coming up 1 April and I don't want to miss it. 

Light Stretches. 

Inclined Bench Press - 3 sets/12 reps/bar, 135lbs/12 reps, 155lbs/8 reps, 175lbs/6 reps, 195lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/8 reps.

Log Press - 80lbs/6 reps, 120lbs/6 reps, 2 sets/2 reps/180lbs.


I stopped with log there as I was starting to feel a bit drained and was losing my balance. Better safe than sorry. Anyway, there was improvement in both lifts today. Next time I'll start with log.
 

This afternoon I got onto my rebounder. I had lots of fun getting over my 10,500 step goal. It took me 75 minutes. 

I also spent some time sitting on a heating pad in an effort to put an end to my morning hip pain. If it is a nerve hopefully this will settle it down. Otherwise I feel great. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: