A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, March 02, 2023

Field Trip

Yesterday I trained at the Brickhouse gym. I wanted to try the actual implements that will be used in a Strongman competition. I went with a friend who trains there regularly. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Squats - bar/8 reps, 135lbs/8 reps.

Frame Deadlift - frame/6 reps, 90lbs/6 reps, 200lbs/6 reps, 305lbs/6 reps, 410lbs/6 reps.

Not overly difficult. I felt I could do at least twelve reps with this weight. Or, easily gone up in weight. This implement feels very good.

Log Lift - 90lbs/4 reps, 140lbs/4 reps, 190lbs/1+1 reps, 210lbs/near miss.

The log rolled nicely at 210lbs. I'm still having trouble committing to the press. Hopefully it comes together this weekend. 

Keg Over Bar - 100lbs/easily over, 180lbs/a little trouble,  180lbs/no problem.

I also got under the empty yoke. Still there's time to try it properly. This Saturday is the Max Log Press. I plan on opening with 180lbs. I'll see how I feel after that.

Today I worked strictly cardio. Time to bounce!

Rebounding - 75 minutes. 

Feeling good.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: