A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 30, 2023

Keg Lifts and Trap Bar Deadlifts

Initial training for the Strongman competition coming up April 1st. These are new movements for me and it's gonna take a little while to become comfortable with them. 

Stationary Bike - 5 minutes. 

Light Dynamic Stretches. 

Keg Lift - 100lbs/6,6,10 reps, 150lbs/2,4 reps.




Trap Bar Deadlifts - 235lbs/12 reps, 305lbs/12 reps, 400lbs/12 reps.



I put another 50lbs of water in my keg. I'm assuming the keg over bar event will weigh 200lbs maybe 250lbs. Right now I'm working on form. The weight will come later. I am happy with my form right now handling the keg. Let's see if it holds up as the keg gets heavier. The Trap Bar Deadlifts are to mimic the Car Deadlift. I am assuming the weight in hand will be 500lbs. I want to train to at least 500lbs for 12 reps. So far so good.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: