A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, December 19, 2022

Weekend and Squats

I worked on the weekend. That means lots of steps. On Saturday I did 35 minutes on the rebounder. It felt great and I had so much fun bouncing to disco and funk music. Sunday I had to run the snowblower which meant lots more steps. My diet on the weekend was kept in check. My current bodyweight is 345lbs.

My recent sciatic problems have left my lower back and core weak. Heavy squats are suffering. Today was a bit better but I should be more like 405lbs for a double. 

Stationary Bike - 11 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Squats - bar/10 reps, 2 sets/8 reps/135lbs, (knee sleeves and belt) 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/2 reps, 2 sets/1 rep/385lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/395lbs.



Static Stretches. 

I psyched up a bit for 395lbs and the weight moved much better. Wisdom told me to stop there and not go to 405lbs today. Next squat day will be Christmas. I'll do it then. Tomorrow I'll do some rebounding and core work.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: