A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, November 28, 2022

Squats

That was fun. Well, sort of. I've finally got control of my diet. On Saturday at work I weighed myself at 164kg. That's 2.5kg down in one week. I feel much better for it. It doesn't seem like much but take a 5lbs plate out of your pocket and see what a difference it makes. The only thing I'm doing differently is identifying where the bulk of my calories are coming from. The medication, Contrave, that I'm taking takes care of the cravings and the psychological need for food. I'm using my Fitbit app on my phone to log my macros. Calories are right where they should be without suffering and protein is high enough to maintain muscle mass and strength. Exciting times. Today's training went like this.

Stationary Bike - 12 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Thoracic Extensions - 2 sets/16 reps.

Squats - 2 sets/12 reps/bar, (knee sleeves) 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, (belt) 2 sets/6 reps/275lbs, 295lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 335lbs/6 reps, 355lbs/8 reps.



Dead Bugs - 2 sets/16 reps.
Parallel Leg and Arm Raises - 3 sets/16,12,12 reps.

Static Stretches. 

A really good day. Core is getting stronger. Strength is coming back. Form is really good. Losing weight. Belt is looser. Keep going. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: