A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 18, 2022

ME Squats

This week is all about testing my maxes. Today is Squats.

Stationary Bike - 10 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

Squats - bw/6 reps, bar/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, knee sleeves 225lbs/3 reps, belt 315lbs/2 reps, 365lbs/1 rep, 405lbs/1 rep, 430lbs/1 rep, 445lbs/miss.



Static Stretches. 

I'm both disappointed and pleased with today's performance. I was sure 445lbs would have gone up with just a slight sticking point. I am disappointed that it didn't. However, I'm pleased that I didn't injure myself and my current training regime is working like its supposed to. The miss taught me that it's been a while since I have lifted anything heavy. It also taught me that my squat balance is really good right now. It was difficult to roll forward onto the safety bars as seen in the video. 430lbs is a great spot to build from.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: