A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

SSB Squats

Still not feeling well. Still feeling the effects of Covid. Yesterday and today I noticed that my smell is greatly diminished. It was last week I squatted 405lbs for a double. Today I'm taking it easy and putting to practice a few things I learned from another book I recently picked up.


Stationary Bike - 10 minutes. 

Vibration Table - 5 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Dynamic Stretches. 

SSB Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/bar, 5 sets/5 reps/135lbs.



Seated Band Hamstring Curls - 3 sets/16 reps/Grey Band. 

Static Stretches.

The reps were done on a 3 second down then up rhythm except the last set which I tried a 5 second down then up rhythm.  My legs feel very pumped right now. Slowing things down allows for the body to follow it's natural groove and incorporate more muscle fibers. I could definitely feel that. With that said here are some points I'll be incorporating in my everyday training. 

1. Dynamic Stretches for warm ups. Static Stretches for post training recovery. (So far it's working great)

2. Keep warm ups sets to a minimum. 

3. Slow down reps to recruit more muscle fibers. 

4. No shoes once in a while. 

5. Stay tight (obviously, but I don't always think about it)

6. Prioritize Deadlifts.

Number 6 really got me. I've always prioritized squats. But, since Deadlifts recruit more muscles in the body it only makes sense. That is until I read something else next week that contradicts this.

Getting older means getting smarter about training. So far I can't argue with that as I feel great. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: