A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 17, 2022

Squats "EUREKA!!!"

Squats today went better that recent attempts. I believe I've discovered what is causing my adductor problems. Traditionally I start my squat with "hips back" then down. Today I focused on strictly "hips down". I recorded the two movements. The following  video starts with four reps of "hips back" then finishes with "hips down".


As you can see the bar is more forward during the hips back. Furthermore, this also engages the posterior chain and hamstrings more at the beginning of the movement. Knees first and hips down approach leads to more quad activation right from the start of the movement plus offering a more upright posture. 




Here's today's efforts. 

Stationary Bike - 10 minutes. 

Vibration Table - 5 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Stretches. 

Squats (knee sleeves) - 3 sets/8 reps/bar, 3 sets/8 reps/135lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 2 sets/3 reps/275lbs.

Seated Band Hamstring Curls - 2 sets/16 + 12 reps/grey band.

I'll keep pushing a little at a time. Hopefully this is the solution. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: