A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Squats

My motivation has been lacking lately. Squats are done on Monday not Thursday. Today I decided to try out somethings that are different than normal. I'll discuss it later in this post.

Stationary Bike - 10 minutes. 

Leg Swings and Stretches. 

Squats - 3 sets/6 reps/bar, 3 sets/6 reps/95lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/135lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/185lbs, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.


Seated Band Hamstring Curls - 3 sets/12 reps/Orange Band. 

Standing Adductor Work - 12 reps/Orange Band. 

I've been reading lately about doing volume work before heavier sets. By treating your warm up sets as volume you ensure you are very warmed up before moving to heavy sets. I know this doesn't seem like a stretch of the imagination but as I get older I need to focus on a thorough warm up to prevent injuries. Something to try for a bit.


Oh ya, I'm also making bread. 

Snowdaddy 


No comments: