A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 01, 2021

Buffalo Bar Squats and Deadlifts

I passed on Bench Press today as my friend will be coming over again tomorrow for some presses. 

Stationary Bike - 10 minutes. 

Buffalo Bar Squats (squat shoes and knee sleeves) - 102lbs/12 reps, 172lbs/8 reps, 6 sets/6,6,8,8,8,12 reps/225lbs.


Deadlifts (no tires) - 6 sets/6,6,12,8,8,12 reps/225lbs.


The squats felt amazing. I could really feel the leg drive through my posterior chain. I'll play some more with the Buffalo Bar for sure.

Although I'm not losing much weight I feel like my body composition is changing. I actually felt like I could get down to the bar today. It's still a bit of a struggle but I was able to wiggle myself into a good deadlift starting position.

Today's training was motivated by the following.




Snowdaddy 

No comments: