A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Heavy Deadlifts

This evening I trained with a good friend of mine. She is a National champion and World class competitor. She started training in her garage once the public gyms shut down after Covid. She was lucky enough to order and receive a competition rack and barbell before the shortage of gym equipment. Fun evening of Deadlifts.

Deadlifts (no belt, no straps) - 225lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/2 reps, 500lbs/1 rep.

At this time I put 550lbs on the bar. I wear my belt and straps. The bar didn't go anywhere for two attempts. I take a break and review my blog. Last heavy day I managed 505lbs and 530lbs. Ok then.

Deadlifts (no belt, no straps) - 530lbs/1 rep, 545lbs/1 rep.



I was going to go 535lbs but I was talked into 545lbs. I'm glad I'm such a push over. 

Pulling without my belt lately feels way more natural. Feeling good. Good and fat.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: