A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Speed Bench and Working on a New Program

I want to dial back the volume to give my posterior problem a little break. The rest of me feels really good including my back later in the day. I've looked a lots of programs and Westside Conjugate seems to fit my needs. More sets and less reps per set. It's gonna take a little while to ease into this. Today was a good start.

Light Stretches. 

Rotator Laterals - 2 sets/20 reps/10lbs.

Bench Press - 3 sets/10 reps/135lbs, 8 sets/3 reps/225lbs.

Before I go on with the rest of the workout I have to explain a few things. All 8 sets started on the top of the clock. So, on the minute. Also, I didn't tuck my scapula back and arch my back. These are more of a bodybuilder style of Bench. I call really feel the pump in my pecs.

OH Parallel Grip Ext - 4 sets/12 reps/55lbs.
Parallel Grip High Cable Rows - 4 sets/12 reps/45kg.

Like I said it's gonna take a little while to hammer out the new program but I like where it's going.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: