A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2020

ME Squats

Feeling mentally and physically rested and ready for heavy squats today. Again, I didn't want to go too crazy and make huge gains. One more single was enough of an increase. 

Leg Swings and Stretches.

Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/bar, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 5 sets/1 rep/405lbs.


Step Ups - 4 sets/12 reps per side.

Vocal cues helped out a lot today. "Down and Up!!!". My third, fourth and fifth reps were more dynamic than the first two. Good rebound out of the bottom.My CNS still isn't conditioned properly. That will come with some time. Next heavy day I work the cues again for six singles. After that I'll go up in weight. I added the Step Ups in an attempt the balance my posterior DOMS. Let's see if it works. 

Snowdaddy 

No comments: