A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, January 02, 2020

New Year's Resolution

It's this time again. I've had a crazy year. But, first I will recap last year and what my expectations were for 2019.

In 2018 this is what actually happened


I did bring my body weight down to 272lbs via a ketogenic diet. By limiting carbohydrates my energy levels are great and regulated throughout the day. I feel great. I was walking regularly and my cardiovascular fitness was much better. I started swimming but it didn't last long. My left shoulder started to bother me so I stopped. Walking was my go to exercise. Several times I managed to walk over 10km. 2018 was a big year of change. I'm currently back to lifting weights and getting strong again. I stopped walking since winter has set in. I gained back about 30lbs but I'm still much lighter than I used to be. When the spring comes again I will start to walk again.


I finally had enough of my current employment. Being treated as a qualification and not a person for so many year has taken its toll. After many visits with mental health I concluded it was time to look after me and my wellbeing. I went to the release section and signed my release. I am scheduled for release this April 2nd. In preparation for retirement I completed Commissionaires training and I am currently employed part time as a security guard. This change of pace has helped me manage anxious moments by knowing that I don't have to tolerate my current situation. I have also applied at CP Rail and a Class A reserve position. Both I haven't heard back from. Fingers crossed.


Family wise I couldn't be happier. My kids still impress the heck out of me. I am more in love with my wife than ever before.

For 2019 I have lots of questions but must wait to see the outcome. I have continued to be a good person so I'm sure charma will be good to me.
I will continue to lift and walk when it gets warmer. I will lose more weight this next year by continuing to follow a ketogenic diet. I will continue to love and charish my family. A new career awaits me. I just don't know what it is yet.
2018 was a big year to implement change 2019 will be the year to set the new foundation for the second half of my life.

2019 was a major year for change. 2 April I released from the Military after 22 years of service. I was having anxiety issues which was having a major negative issue with my physical well being. Enough was enough time for a career change. I was going to take a reserve position but CP Rail contacted me a couple of days before my release date. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse so, I started to work for CP Rail. After three weeks of pure chaos and stress I submitted my resignation. Time to find another job.


I went back to the Commissionaires and was offered a full time position. I didn't waste any time and accepted it right away. Currently I work 4 days with two days off. Work starts at 0530hrs and finishes at 1330hrs. I love this schedule. My stress levels have gone way down. I feel great! The job doesn't pay very much but there will be a chance for advancement later and I can do this job for another 20 years.


I have further separated myself from the Military life by stepping away from the 17 Wing Strength Club. I feel much better for the change. I have joined Goodlife Fitness and I'm having lots of fun getting used to commercial gym training. I'm training heavy (ish) again and plan on doing a Deadlift charity event this March. 


My eldest daughter has started university and my wife also released from the Military. She stepped into an outstanding job that pays well and she loves it. The future is looking bright for the Snow family. 


My plans for 2020 are as follows,

  • Continue working for the Commissionaires and enjoy stress-free employment,
  • Keep up my Powerlifting training and get stronger than ever,
  • Love my family and enjoy watching my kids grow up,
  • Plant our roots here in Winnipeg.
Things haven't turned out exactly as planned but it turned out pretty darn good. Part two of my life begins NOW!

Snowdaddy

No comments: