A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, May 17, 2019

Bench Press

I have some time before work today. Life is pretty stressful right now. Most days I feel somewhat anxious. I  don't really like where I'm working right now but the bills have to be paid so I continue to go to work. I should be hearing back about another job I applied for shortly. This new position is much better paying and I will like it more. Of course this adds to my anxiety.

For now I continue to trudge along but use my weight training as therapy to keep my head on straight. Time for Bench Press.

Light Stretches and Shoulder Mobility.

Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 7 sets/6,7,8,9,10,11,12 reps/225lbs.

On every even numbered set performed the following.

OH Standing Dumbbell Press - 3 sets/12 reps/35lbs, 2 sets/12 reps/40lbs.

The added shoulder work feels great. Now all I have to do is incorporate Band Assisted Pull Ups again. I feel much better now and ready to go to work this afternoon.

Snowdaddy

No comments: