A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, January 06, 2018

New Year's Resolution

2016 was such an epic year that I didn't have much to aspire to in 2017. Here is a cut and paste of my goals for 2017.

Goals for 2017,


I want to maintain a holding pattern for the year. I want everything to stay the same. No change. Everything is going so well right now. Keep on Keeping on. Life is a garden, dig it.
Should be easy enough.


Well, that's not exactly what happened.


Through out the year I have been troubled by sort of a mid life crisis. My motivation has been lacking and I have had little tolerance towards BS. This all came to a head when I wrote the exam to become a National level Powerlifting referee. I failed the exam by 0.4% and although the president recommended I continue with the practical component of the exam I realized that I am done with Powerlifting. Making a big change in my life was in order. 


I started swimming again and started a Ketogenic diet. Currently I've lost about 30lbs and my cardiovascular fitness is much better. I still weigh 330lbs which is still way too heavy. Although I want to be lean and fit my heart still longs to be freakishly strong. 2017 has been a very pivotal year for me. A year of big change but not a year of picking a new path. Only getting out of my old ways.


In 2018,



  • I want to bring my body weight down to 275lbs.
  • I want to improve my overall cardiovascular conditioning. I can do this through swimming.
  • I don't want to stop lifting. I want to continue to be strong. I just don't want it to be a priority.
  • There will be some big changes in my career as I am ranked for promotion. My wife will also have some big career changes. These changes will be the greatest factors effecting our lives.
2018 will be a year of big change for me and my family. Once these changes have been identified I can make new goals.

Snowdaddy.




No comments: