A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Resolution

Every year feels shorter and shorter the older I get. To reflect on 2016 I have cut and paste my 2016 goals from last year's resolution

My goals for 2016 are;
  • In the middle of February I am going to Regina for the 2016 CPU Nationals. Training is going well and I should be rewarded with some new PBs. At Nationals I will be writing my National Officials exam. Another step in the right direction.
  • This summer the IPF Classic Worlds is in Texas. Depending on my performance at Nationals I should be lined up to go to my first Worlds.
  • At work I really don't have many goals. I intend to keep positive and be an inspiration to those who have poor morale.
  • At home I want to continue to keep the ball rolling. I want to keep loving my wife and kids. One fun thing we have planned is a camping trip to Texas in conjunction with the worlds. Another fun road trip to the southern USA.

Snowdaddy


I have much to be thankful for. I am a very lucky man. I will continue to try to pay it forward.

Here is how my 2016 actually went.

I did go to Regina and did really well. First I took part in the CPU AGM. As the VP of the MPA I was allowed to attend. I learned plenty. After that I attempted my National level official exam. I failed my 2%. I am actually glad I did because I feel I need more time to learn the rules and how to enforce them during a high tempo competition. My first event was the equipped Bench Press. There I achieved a PB of 232.5kg and a gold medal. My second event was the three lift classic. I was the only competitor in my weight class and age group so with a total of 660kg, also a PB, I also won gold. This gold in the three lift classic earned me a spot on team Canada to compete in Texas.

Training leading up to the IPF Classic Worlds went extremely well. I have finally got my Squat form on track and I hit some amazing numbers in training.

Work interfered with our trip to Killeen Texas so we had to rush there and rush home. Even with the long road trip I did Canada proud and I set another PB of 672.5kg. 

I have now crossed off a few points on my bucket list most importantly I can call myself a "World Class Athlete"

At work I have finally been given a day job. I have been working in the ETO section since April. I have my own desk and I am now the AVS OA. I no longer have the regular stress as I did while working in servicing and I feel much better. In October I went to California as the crew chief. We had a lot of fun. Other than getting the job done the high point for me was having a drink at the Rainbow Bar and Grill where Lemmy Kilmister regularly hung out while he was alive. It was an honor to be there.

At home my family is flourishing. My son is becoming a very good strength athlete and squatted 190lbs. He is also showing great potential with the electric guitar. My daughters are all doing very well at school and constantly having fun. My relationship with my wife continues to get better and better. As the years go on we gain more knowledge and appreciation for one another. She is my best friend. 

2016 has been an extremely good year for me.

Goals for 2017,

I want to maintain a holding pattern for the year. I want everything to stay the same. No change. Everything is going so well right now. Keep on Keeping on. Life is a garden, dig it.

Should be easy enough.

Snowdaddy 


No comments: