A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, July 29, 2016

Squats... from HELL!!!

I am still really motivated from lifting at the Worlds. MY Squats were an issue and I would have placed better if my Squats were stronger. I didn't have much time before going to Killeen to train the wider grip/stance technique that has given me new records. Now I do and I am finding my cardio and CNS is having trouble keeping up with the strength that is laying dormant waiting to wake. Sounds kinda cool.

Leg Swings and Stretching.

Squats - 2 sets/bar/12 reps, 2 sets/135lbs/12 reps, 2 sets/225lbs/6 reps, 3 sets/315lbs/6 reps, 365lbs/6 reps, 2 sets/335lbs/6 reps.

I don't believe I have ever hit these numbers with this volume ever. I'm sure it will pay off, HUGE. Now I am eating supper which consists of chicken/bean chili and some cut up elk steak a friend gave me. Lots of protein here. I really love the way wild game meat makes me feel after hard training.

Snowdaddy

No comments: