A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Bench Press

Work kind of threw a kink in my training this week. Today was my first free day to train since the epic day of Squats. My Bench Press today was stronger and more controlled than it has been in quite a while. No problems with any aspect of it.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Bench Press - 60kg/12 reps, 60kg/8 reps, 100kg/8 reps, 140kg/4 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/160kg (4th set was for a double).

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 3 sets/4 reps/130kg, 3 sets/5reps/130kg.

On top of a great training day I also bought some new supplements that I am taking today. A different pre-workout and post-workout drink. I won't get into details but both are exactly what I was looking for and right now I feel an awesome pump. Even more awesome is I am going out for "all I can eat" buffet in about two hours. I should phone ahead to warn them I'm coming.

Snowdaddy

No comments: