A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Squats

I am eager to get back on the Hepburn training plan again with out deviating or compromise. Tomorrow is my Birthday so now is the time for SQUATS!!!

Warm Up
Leg Swings, Stretching, Hand Rolling Quads.
Squats - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (belt only) - 5 sets/1 rep/405lbs.

Pump Phase
Squats (belt and medium bands) - 6 sets/3 reps/405lbs minus med bands (315lbs to 405lbs).

Feeling good. I found a few things during squats today. With a narrow grip I am rolling the bar forward up my back. I tried a wider grip which allowed me to sit up more and kept the bar stable. This is great however the wider grip forces me to use more hamstrings and glutes as I sit back into the squat. I guess I just need to work at it and get stronger (duh). I also found how to use the bands with my new rack. The medium bands take up about 90lbs at the bottom and go slack about 2/3rds of the way back up. I like it. I'll see tomorrow how they work for Birthday Bench Press. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

Snowdaddy

No comments: