A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Deadlifts

Not a stellar Deadlift workout. I was working out at the base gym that doesn't allow chalk. Getting good purchase on a greasy commerial gym bar was almost impossible. That said, I managed for the heavy stuff multiple reps were almost impossible.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Deadlifts - 405lbs/2 reps, 495lbs/1 rep.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (with belt) - 5 sets/1 rep/525lbs.
*approx 4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows - 4 sets/8 reps/85, 105, 125, 125lbs.
Lat Press Downs - 2 sets/12 reps/12 plates of sectionalized stack (?).

My back feels great. Tomorrow I will be driving to Amherst Nova Scotia where I will be employed as the center spotter at the

CPF Atlantic Canadian Power Challenge Pro/Am & WPC/AWPC World Team Qualifier
April 20th - 2013
Gonna be very cool.


Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write
some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please blast me an email if interested. Kudos!

Look into my homepage :: Power Precision Muscle building