A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Cardio Training

Last week I was working nights and it was unusually cold. The kids were off school Thursday and Friday. I had a Dr. appointment on Wednesday in Halifax. Now that I've done listing my excuses the last work out had was last Monday. Shame on me but sometimes life gets in the way. Today I really pushed myself on the indoor track and also in the power rack.

Indoor Track

Walking - 2 laps.
Stretching.
Walking - 2 laps.

Jogging - 10 laps, 8min 20sec.

Walking - 2 laps.

Sprint 50m, Walk 75m - 8 laps.

Walking - 6 laps.

Weights

Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 2 sets/2 reps/315lbs, 2 sets/2 reps/335lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/365lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/405lbs.

Walking - 4 laps.

Total Track Distance - 34 laps, 4.25km.

I haven't squatted heavy in a while. Today was feeling good so I decided to go up to four plates. Not heavy, but more than I've done in a while. I handled it just fine. Jogging for ten laps was hard. I was really breathing heavy at about lap 7. Of course I will be better for it come PT test on 12 Feb.
On a side note, another reason why I dislike training at the base gym. I watched a well muscled woman training today. She had two 20lbs dumbbells on the floor standing on their ends. She stood on top on them and did sumo pulls with another heavier dumbbell. Crazy!!! Oh well. Time to eat.

Snowdaddy

No comments: