A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Squats

I wasn't going to lift tonight but once again I dragged my ass out to the SANCTUM and had one of my best squat work outs so far. I'm so glad I have a gym in my garage because I wouldn't have lifted otherwise.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling - Upper / Lower Back, Hamstrings, Quads, Calves.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 5 sets/1 rep/415lbs, 1 set/1 rep/435lbs.
*3+ minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats - 6 sets/5 reps/275lbs.
*3+ minutes rest after each set*

A really long drawn out work out. The Pump Phase reps were mostly grinded out. My side started to bother me after the first Pump Phase set so I belted up and continued. The first two sets of the Power Phase were with out a belt. Good stuff. As usual all my reps were below parallel and paused at the top. Competition grade. Another one in the books.

Snowdaddy

No comments: