A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Shoulders

Finally able to hit shoulders this week. I feel that doing the seated presses is really helping my bench press. That said, I better keep doing them.

Warm Up
Seated Shoulder Press - bar/12 reps, 135lbs/12 reps.
Stretching.

Power Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 7 sets/1 rep/245lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 6 sets/6 reps/175lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 50, 40, 20, 20 reps.

Between Power and Pump phase of the work out I went out into my yard to press the big log again. No problem! It's size and shape makes it a bit awkward bit I have no problem pressing it over head. I got my scale out and it weighs in at 143lbs. No too bad considering it doesn't have any handles.

Snowdaddy

No comments: