A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bench Press

Like the squats yesterday I decided to push myself to see what I gained from the rest.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling.
Stretching.
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 2 sets/1 rep/365lbs, 1 set/1 rep/365lbs missed, 3 sets/1 rep/365lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/6 reps/245lbs, 1 set/7 reps/245lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Upper Back Work
One Arm Dumbbell Rows - 135lbs/6, 7, 8, 8 reps per arm.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

The Power Phase was definitely heavy today but it was my strongest bench workout to date. I missed my third set because I gave the weight "too much respect". My last set was the easiest of all the Power Phase sets because I worked my set up and moved the bar quickly. It's very easy to miss a lift even before lifting it off the rack.

Snowdaddy

No comments: