A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Squats

Today's squat felt really heavy. Maybe I've gone to the well once too often. Right now its too soon to tell If I've been pushing too hard. Next week I'll hit it again for sure.

Warm Up
Light Stretching
Squats - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 405lbs/1 rep (just belt, no wraps)

Power Phase
Squats with belt and knee wraps - 495lbs/miss (wrap came undone at bottom), 495lbs/1 rep, 3 sets/1 rep/455lbs.

Pump Phase
Squats with belt no knee wraps - 3 sets/4 reps/315lbs, 3 sets/3 reps/315lbs.

The Power Phase felt very heavy today. Not much intensity after March Break. That said, the Pump Phase felt very controlled and somewhat easy. Easier than in the past. 4 reps went up no problem. My right knee is giving me some problems as of late but only when squatting and only with out knee wraps. Maybe my attention was on that and not on the lift. Something to think about.

Snowdaddy

No comments: