A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Deadlifts... amongst other things

Today I beat the hell out of myself. Lately I've been really feeling like training so I'm pushing myself. Today was fun.

Empty Stomach Cardio
Walk (with a little jogging) - 30 minutes indoor track.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 3 sets/1 rep/315lbs, 5 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
No chalk permitted so the bar was supper slippery. I did concentrate on the dynamics of the lift. Quick and fast off the floor with good technique. No belt.

Pump Phase
Good Mornings - 6 sets/6 reps/225lbs. Very dynamic.
Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets/12 reps/180lbs.

Core Work
Sit Ups - 3 sets/20 reps.
Alternate with walking 2 laps around the indoor track.

The whole work out took about 2 hours to complete. Right now I'm enjoying a protein shake while my quads twitch.

Snowdaddy

No comments: