A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Heavy Stuff

I didn't go to the pool today. The weather was way too nice. This morning I got out into my gym for some heavier bench squats. I don't want to loose the edge that I have right now after two competitions so close together. Training heavy once a week I figure should be enough to keep my CNS conditioned for near maximal weights. My left knee is bothering me a bit still so I don't want to stress it with full squats. My bench is 18 inches high, 4 inches above my parallel.

Treadmill Warm Up - 6 minutes brisk walk.
Warm Up Bench Squats - bar/12 reps, 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.

alternate the following 4 times
Bench Squats - 405lbs/3 reps.
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 20 reps.

Walk Around Neighbourhood - 17 minutes.

The bench squats were done raw with no belt or wraps. They felt some what easy. I could have done several more reps / sets. I'll see how work goes tonight before I say what I'm doing tomorrow. Cheers!

Snowdaddy

No comments: