Today's work out took place at the base gym. I'm glad to see that eventhough I haven't lifted there in over a year things haven't changed. I set up my squats in the corner where I observed the following;
- two "hard core" guys squatting in the rack (good point) with a manta ray and a 2 x 4 under their heels. No where even near parallel.
- several seniors socializing.
- a guy doing leg presses with 4 inches of movement.
- two younger fellas facing eachother doing alternating dumbbell curls feeding off eachothers intensity.
- Last but not least, a guy doing heavy shrugs on the smith machine.
Stair Master - 5 minutes.
Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Speed Squats - 4 sets/2 reps/275lbs, 6 sets/2 reps/315lbs.
repeat the following 3 times
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Sit Ups - 20 reps.
Walk 1 lap around indoor track.
I was supposed to do 10 sets/2 reps/265lbs speed squats. 275lbs was convienient but when I looked around the room and seen all the goons the bar started to feel light. 315lbs felt really good. Tomorrow I'm off then band deadlifts on Thursday.