A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Squats

This is the last squat work out before the 2011 Nova Scotia Provincials. Not as strong as I would have liked but not too bad considering I just finished bought of liquid poops.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Stretching
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 4 sets/1 rep/365lbs, 405lbs/1 rep, 425lbs/1 rep.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats - 4 sets/4 reps/275lbs, 2 sets/5 reps/275lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 4 sets/15 reps with 10 sec hold at end.

I decided to use the competition bar today to get used to the way it sits on my shoulders. The Ivanko bar has a sharper knurling than my Capp bar. By the end of the Pump Phase the bar was really cutting into my shoulders. I also believe I've also perfected my set up. The bar feels much lighter when I set up this way. Instead of stepping back right after taking up the weight I pause and breath a few times with the bar on my shoulders, then step back. Tomorrow Bench (I'll use the Ivanco bar again)

No comments: