A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Bench Press

I've gotten over the mess that was squats on Sunday evening and got down to business on the bench.

Warm Up
Plyometric Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 1 set/8 reps/225lbs.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/1 rep/285lbs.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 2 sets/3 reps/225lbs, 4 sets/4 reps/225lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 4 sets/20 reps.

Nice recovery from Sunday. I'm not sure if I'll compete at the up coming Provincials. There isn't much time left and I haven't really started a pre competition program. I feel like I'm at a cross roads and I need to take some time to figure out what direction to go. I'll continue with the program and improve my overall strength over the long term.

Snowdaddy

No comments: