A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hit The Switch!!!

A buddy of mine uses the term, "Hit the switch", when ever he squats. Today I was thinking about this during my work out. I've been doing so many sets and reps lately that some parts of my technique have now become natural and I can concentrate on the finer points. Down to depth, then "Hit the Switch"!!!

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Stretching
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/8 reps.

Power Sets
Squats - 8 sets/1 rep/335lbs.
(5 minutes rest after each set)

Pump Sets
Squats - 3 sets/3 reps/275lbs, 3 sets/4 reps/275lbs.
(2 minutes rest after each set)

Cool Down
Stationary Bike 5 minutes.

I wanted to work out early this morning but my body told me I needed my sleep more. So tonight I started training @ 2030hrs after a busy day. I'm working days this week which means up @ 0445hrs every day. Tomorrow I'll try and get some time to hit the bench at work.

Snowdaddy

No comments: