A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Squats

Once again elbow pain has negatively effected my performance. Squats were amazingly strong today but elbow pain brought my work out to a quick end. I have spent some time this evening to research where the pain originates from. I have discovered that it isn't bursitis but it is tendinitis of the elbow that I have. Funny, a powerlifting with "tennis elbow". Here's how today went.

Warm Up - 7 minutes stationary bike.

Squats - warm ups, 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/2 reps.
Squats in Gear (suit and knee wraps) - 495lbs/1 rep, 555lbs/1 rep.

Video

At this point my elbow was almost unbearable. Stripping the bar was excruciating. After thorough icing and an airborne smartie (400mg ibuprofen) I felt much better. I guess I'll be spending the rest of the week with an ice pack on my right elbow.

Snowdaddy

No comments: