A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Speed Bench Press

I was trying to be strategic with my training today. It was a slow day at work so I worked out in the gym there. It was nice to train in a different environment with different equipment.

Warm Up - Elliptical Trainer - 6 minutes.
Speed Bench Press - 8 sets/3 reps/215lbs.
Inclined Dumbbell Press - 4 sets/8 reps/90lbs.
Skull Crushers (to my neck) - 4 sets/10 reps/100lbs.
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 4 sets/8 reps/185, 185, 225, 225lbs.
Dumbbell Side Laterals - 1 set/12 reps/30lbs.

A nice work out. Not super hardcore but good. The skull crushers where brought to my neck instead of my fore head. I really worked on keeping my elbows tucked in so it hit the triceps hard. Doing dumbbells again was a welcome change. I've always loved how inclined dumbbell presses hit my pecs. I'm sure I'll be tender tomorrow. Off on Wednesday then speed squats / deadlifts on Thursday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: