A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, December 07, 2009

Back In The Rack

Today was my first work out since the Eastern Canadians. I always dread my first work out after a competition, it hurts. I generally take one full week off to let my body regulate itself. Not just to let minor injuries heal up but to let my system find it's balance.
My current program is the Westside Barbell Conjugate System. In general it focuses on Max Effort and Dynamic days of training. Searching the net I've found that there are several spins on this program but all have the same basic principle. I'll post the program when I send it home from work. Here's what I did today.

ME Squat/Deadlift

Warm Up - Stationary Bike - 7.5 minutes.

ME Exercise - Squats alt with Good Mornings - 2 sets/bar/12 reps, 2 sets/135lbs/8 reps, 2 sets/225lbs/6 reps, 2 sets/275lbs/3 reps, last three sets good mornings 3 reps/275lbs.

Assistance - Lying Leg Curls - 4 sets/12 reps/70lbs.

Abs - Bench Sit Ups - 4 sets/15 reps/body weight.

Obliques - Dumbbell Side Bends - 3 sets/8 reps/45lbs.

Cool Down - Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.

Like I said I'm feeling stiff and sore today so I took it a bit easy. Next week should be better. I'm totally feeling all these exercises through out my hamstrings, glutes, and core front to back. Tomorrow is speed bench.

Snowdaddy

No comments: