A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, July 06, 2009

Speed Squats Again

After some much appreiciated input from my long distance coach I decided to give it one more try. 50-60% of 1RM raw, 10-12 sets, 2 reps, 1 minute rest between sets.

Speed Squats - warm up and stretching, 6 sets/2 reps/225lbs, 2 sets/2 reps/245lbs, 2 sets/2 reps/265lbs.
Knee wraps and belt squats - 285lbs/2 reps, 315lbs/2 reps.

Core Work - Sit Ups 25 reps, lying Leg Raises 20 reps, Trunk Twists 40 reps.

I only had an hour after work today so it was quick. The knee wraps felt great. 315lbs felt almost effortless. I am making sure to start all my sets as if I'm squatting in competition. I got picked up for that in the last competition.

1 comment:

McLifter said...

How did they feel? Do you feel your speed was adequate? Inquiring minds want to know....

I loved the "Cerebral Assassin" comment on the MPA site!

How did the little Snow like pulling with Daddy?

McLifter