A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 23 21 May 09

Bench day went very well indeed. On the week end I had my bench shirt taken in on the sleeves and the sleeves shortened. With the new alterations I was hoping for the best and got it. Thanks Mom for sewing my bench shirt.

Raw Bench Press - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/2 reps, 315lbs/1 rep (paused).
Inzer RageX Bench Press - 365lbs/1 rep (no touch), 405lbs/1 rep (1/2 inch from touching), 427lbs/1 rep (a 9lbs PB).
Titan F6 Bench Press - 405lbs/1 rep (no touch), 449lbs/miss.

I'll be competition in the RageX but I tried a buddies size 52 F6 for fun. The 405lbs was easily 2 inches above my chest. The 449lbs touched, barely, but I didn't have enough triceps strength to handle the weight. It died as soon as the pop from the shirt ended. One thing though, I didn't torque the sleeves on the F6. I just put it straight on. Finally I tried a shirt that fits properly. After this meet I'll compete again but bench only and I'll work with this other, smaller, better fitting shirt.
My opener for bench press at the competition should be 190kg

Snowdaddy

No comments: