A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday 30 Dec Deadlifts

This will be my last weight training day before I go on course. I wanted to make it good and set a very achievable goal for today. Here's how I did.

Warm Up - 5 minutes Arc Trainer
Sumo Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 385lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/2 reps.
Sumo Deadlifts - 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/2 reps, 405lbs/1 rep, 405lbs/1 rep (conventional), 405lbs/1 rep (back to sumo).

A Friend of mine, Stan, happened to be there and tried his hand at a heavier pull. 315lbs flew off the floor but 405lbs was given up on prematurely. He would have pull it with a bit more experience at heavier weights.
In the videos I'm using straps. The gym I'm at doesn't allow chalk. I was happy with today's results. 405lbs sumo felt heavy but when I watched the video I still maintained good technique.
I don't know when I'll be working out next.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Snowdaddy! How was Christmas in your neck of the woods? I hope the Iron Santa brought you some new toys to play with.

How is the back doing with the increase in weight on the workouts?

Have a Happy New Year. Do you have a plan for breaking your competitive Powerlifting Cherry in your new home Province?

Good Luck!

McLifter